We thank the following organizations for helping support and fund the development of Overture.
The National Cancer Institutes Informatics Technology for Cancer Research Program (NCI ITCR)
2021 to 2026.
The National Cancer Institutes Informatics Technology for Cancer Research Program (NCI ITCR) supports investigator-initiated, research-driven informatics technology development across all aspects of cancer research. ITCR funding is greatly aiding the development of Overture services. We are excited to share these developments in the near future. Thank you, NCI ITCR, for your invaluable contribution to the Overture project.
ITCR is funding the development of the following:
- A multi-scale Overture DMS
- Visualization and analysis plug-ins
- GA4GH passport Integration
- Arranger federated search
- User support, outreach and community engagement
2020 to 2023
Under the CANARIE research grant, we were given the opportunity to create the Overture Data Management system, which simplifies the Overture setup and removes technical barriers by bundling the core components (Song, Score, Maestro, Arranger and Ego) together and making it easy for both large and small projects to install, configure, and deploy these services.
Canarie funded the development of the following:
- The creation of the Overture DMS.
- The DMS Command Line Tool
- The DMS-UI which provides a hosted login page, user profile, and customizable UI.
- Improved documentation to help DMS administrators